Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Shocking Toilet

I avoid going to public washroom, with all my past experience seeing disgusting public washroom before. However, with two young children around, using public washroom is unavoidable. On Sunday, we were in the shopping mall close to where we live. The mall was pretty busy that afternoon. That mall is basically a clean one, especially during this SARS period. However, when I took my daughter to the washroom there, it was a shocking experience. There were 4 toilets inside. In the first one, we could clearly see two dirty shoes marks on top of the toilet ring. So we went for the second one. In the second one, it's even worst, there were runny pooh on top of the toilet ring. We immediately went backward. The other two toilets were occupied. If not because of my daughter's urgent need, I would leave that place immediately. How could people dirty the toilet in such way.. I could imagine that the only way they did that (in both cases) was to stand on top of the toilet ring and squat down to do their business. But that was not one of those Chinese squat toilets, people can't use them in this way..

Sigh...